Newspaper that inspires change. Breaking stories that shake the world. Be informed, Don't Settle for Fake News.

2019 Ballon d'Or News & Breaking Stories

What news can we find under 2019 Ballon d'Or News Section?

Unraveling the Narrative of the 2019 Ballon d'Or

Who can forget that sparkling night in December 2019, when Lionel Messi firmly etched his name further into football history by clinching his sixth Ballon d'Or? The spectacle had everyone on the edge of their seats. Do you recall how radiant Messi looked, holding aloft that golden bauble, a symbol of supreme prowess in football?

This accolade seems to orbit around two prodigiously talented players: Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Each year we impatiently ask ourselves - who will it be this time? Yet, sort of like catching a glimpse of Halley’s Comet in a star-studded sky every few years or so, other splendid stars also get an occasional chance to shine bright.

In that prestigious event where anticipation hung thick as London fog! Eerily similar to watching muscle-clad Gladiators stepping into Rome's Colosseum? Those chosen warriors were ready for battle but there could only be one victor! Aligning with Russell Crowe's line from Gladiator 'make us believe again', legendary pillars of talent inspired fresh belief."

Messi triumphed over notable nominees including Liverpool's heroic defender Virgil van Dijk and Juventus maestro Cristiano Ronaldo. With this win he surpassed Ronaldo's five awards record.

A significant subplot was Megan Rapinoe claiming her maiden Women’s Ballon d’Or. Her dynamic performance at FIFA’s Women World Cup turned heads globally making her truly deserving.

The word 'deserving', interesting isn’t it? Reminds me Douglas Adams' quote: "I may not have gone where I intended to go...". Isn't victory often served best to those who persevere?

We switch off our televisions with gleaming smiles on our faces as these are moments written deeply into sport folklore fabric mirroring cosmic galaxies with new stars born while others fade away...

logo white

Get Weekly News Updates

Subscribe to SHUT Newsletter and be up to date with the current events. Be informed, don't settle for fake news.