Newspaper that inspires change. Breaking stories that shake the world. Be informed, Don't Settle for Fake News.

feat shape 1
feat shape 2
feat shape 3

Vince McMahon steps back from WWE creative control with Triple H taking over

Vince McMahon loses power in WWE after Endeavor merger, assumes new role as executive chairman, while Triple H becomes Head of Creative.

In a groundbreaking development, Vince McMahon, the prominent figure behind WWE, is experiencing a significant decline in power as a result of the recent merger with Endeavor. McMahon, aged 78, along with Triple H, aged 54, will be assuming new roles within the organization. This merger, which was officially finalized in September, united the WWE with the UFC and its parent company, Endeavor.

As per the agreement, Endeavor now possesses a controlling stake of 51% in the wrestling organization, while the remaining 49% is held by shareholders. This deal has propelled the overall value of the company to an impressive $21.4 billion, with the UFC valued at $12.1 billion and the WWE at $9.3 billion. Notably, this merger signifies the first time that the WWE will not operate under the McMahon name.

The wrestling industry has long been under the influence of the McMahon family, with Vince McMahon Sr. serving as the wrestling promoter until his son took over in 1982. However, with this recent development, Vince McMahon will be stepping down from his position as WWE CEO and transitioning into a new role as the company's executive chairman.

Consequently, Triple H, a former 14-time World Champion wrestler who has successfully transitioned into a businessman, will assume full control as the WWE's Head of Creative. This announcement was made by Sports Illustrated, ensuring that the future creative direction of the WWE lies in Triple H's capable hands.

Despite relinquishing his CEO position, McMahon will retain his role as Executive Chairman, focusing on crucial tasks such as overseeing the negotiation of a new media rights deal for the WWE. This indicates that McMahon will still play a significant role in shaping the organization's future.

The merger with Endeavor has not only impacted the power dynamics within the WWE but has also resulted in substantial financial gains for top executives. WWE President Nick Khan, in particular, has secured an impressive sum of over $15 million, solidifying his position as a key figure within the organization.

Triple H himself has expressed his enthusiasm for the merger on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. In a post, he described the merger as a historic day and the most exciting time in the industry. He also posed a rhetorical question to fans, asking if they were ready for the new era that awaits.

It is worth noting that McMahon's decision to step down as CEO reportedly came at the behest of Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel. In an April statement, Emanuel highlighted the exceptional opportunity presented by the merger, emphasizing the creation of a global live sports and entertainment entity that aligns with the future direction of the industry.

In conclusion, the Endeavor merger has resulted in a significant shift in power dynamics within the WWE, with Vince McMahon relinquishing his CEO position and Triple H assuming control as the Head of Creative. This historic development marks a new era for the organization, as it operates under new ownership and embarks on a path shaped by the vision of its new leaders.

Share With Others

Comments on Vince McMahon steps back from WWE creative control with Triple H taking over